7 Acts of Kindness To Do Right Now
Judie Stilman February 5, 2021
February is always a busy month for me. Besides multiple birthdays for family and friends, there’s the Super Bowl, Valentine’s Day, Presidents’ Day weekend, tax return prep, and crazy weather. It’s no wonder we’re exhausted, not to mention the stress and challenges of making it through a whole year of a global pandemic and economic crisis. How about taking a beat that’s all about the feels? February 17th is Random Acts of Kindness Day. But don’t put extra pressure on yourself, just go with the flow of being kind.
Ready to get started? Making kindness a habit might be one of the easiest resolutions you’ll make, and keep, all year long! I guarantee you’ll feel good when you spread the love. Here are some of my favorite things to do to put smiles on faces, including yours:
- Bake cookies for a neighbor, friend or local fire fighters
- Treat yourself to an online meditation class (self-care counts!)
- Thank the grocery clerk and tell their manager how great they are
- Call someone who lives alone to check in and chat
- Put a bucket of snacks out for USPS and other delivery workers
- Make cheerful greeting cards for the VA, hospital or senior residence
- Donate your spare change with Coin Up App and turn every purchase into an act of kindness for the cause you choose.
The list is endless and it doesn’t matter what your acts of kindness are, or how much of your time, effort or money you give. It really is about the THOUGHT, GESTURE, and INTENTION behind your small acts of kindness. When you act from your heart to make someone’s day better, they’re likely to pass it along creating a wave of kindness. Before you know it, an overwhelming, hectic month turns into a month of LOVE. And who couldn’t use more of that?